In case you missed this discussion, tune in here and see what you missed. TN.Roads.2013 Excellent discussion presented by our Baker Scholars! Much thanks to all of our participants.
Join us in the Toyota Auditorium on April 17 at 6 – 7:30 pm for this panel discussion, led by Baker Scholars Caleb Williford and Eric Dixon, on Tennessee roads. Our state road system depends on revenue from fuel taxes. Due to lower tax revenues from more energy efficient vehicles and alternative fuels, increased congestion, and rising maintenance costs, the funding of our roads and bridges is becoming a problem.
Following a statement of the problem and brief overview from the UT Transportation Research Center, the panel will discuss solutions from their very different perspectives. Our panel includes:
- Kevin Bakewell – AAA, senior vice president, The Auto Club Group
- Mark Burton – UT Transportation Research Center, professor
- Mike Edwards – Knoxville Chamber of Commerce, president
- Dave Huneryager— Tennessee Trucking Association, president and CEO
- John Schroer – TDOT Commissioner
- Kent Starwalt – TN Road Builders Association, executive vice president
- Matt Murray – UT Howard Baker Center Director, economist, Center for Business & Economic Research
Free & Open to the Public!